[ES_JOBS_NET] Atmospheric Scientist, San Francisco or Seattle
holly.dail at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 15:11:42 MDT 2013
The Climate Corporation has a position open for an experienced
atmospheric scientist to solve real-world problems in seasonal
prediction and historical reconstruction of climate conditions. We
develop algorithms for statistical inference and simulation of climate
from surface weather observations, weather radar, satellite remote
sensing, GCMs, and more. Our mission is to provide detailed
probabilistic estimates of climate variability and weather events that
enable farmers around the world to protect and improve their farming
The successful candidate will have:
- Ph.D. in atmospheric science, meteorology or climate physics.
- Deep understanding of atmospheric physics and implications for
modeling past and future climatological conditions.
- Expertise in weather phenomena, particularly in major world
- Experience in interpretation of climate signals and in developing
skillful seasonal climate projections.
- Experience working with and interpreting real-world climatological
- Strong command of an interpreted programming environment such as R,
MATLAB, or equivalent.
- Experience with a high-level programming language such as Python or
Java is a plus.
- Strong drive to learn new topics and skills and to do whatever is
necessary to develop innovative products that delight our customers.
- Ability to happily communicate and collaborate as a member of a
fast-paced, high-performing team.
Position will remain open until filled.
To read more about this specific job opening:
To read more about what its like to work at The Climate Corporation, check:
And last but not least, check out our great weather globe!
More information about the Es_jobs_net