[ES_JOBS_NET] Climate Reality Project, Strategic Partnership Associate - Boulder CO
taholloway at wisc.edu
Thu May 30 16:20:21 MDT 2013
The Climate Reality Project, a nonprofit organization founded by former Vice President Al Gore, is offering a full-time position for a Strategic Partnerships Associate Director. This position will play an integral role in a fast-paced organization that uses cutting-edge advertising and communications strategies to demonstrate the urgency and solvability of the climate crisis.
This position will be responsible for developing and managing several significant organizational campaigns that will broaden the reach and communities engaging in climate change. The first significant campaign is the I Am Pro Snow effort to educate and communicate in a culturally relevant way the impacts to the ski and snow community. Building upon already existing relationships with other constituencies, this position will further development five campaigns around engaging communities of interest to educate about climate change and amplify their voices and spokespeople. These campaigns will help support the overall organizational goals by increasing new areas of involvement, broadening the type of communications and their reach, and expanding new membership.
Climate Reality has offices in Washington, D.C. and Boulder, Colorado. The location of this position is in Boulder, CO.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
Developing a campaign plan for each constituency that includes:
· Establishing goals;
· Identifying and recruiting partner organizations, businesses, leaders and new interests;
· Organizing and mobilizing communications opportunities and using social media to network and amplify the conversation;
· Increasing membership, activism, and engagement with social media;
· Developing media/press/social media opportunities.
Other duties as assigned.
Required Core Skills and Qualifications:
· Bachelor's degree.
· 5-7 years experience in non-profit, advocacy and/or campaigns, with specific experience using a variety of components such as strategy, communications, messaging, on-line marketing.
· Creative, entrepreneurial spirit.
· Strong organizational, written and verbal communications skills.
· Ability to manage consultants and meet deadlines.
· Previous experience with public speaking.
· Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
· Sound judgment.
· A dedication to solving the climate crisis including some involvement and/or background with the issue.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Proficiency with Mac preferred.
The Climate Reality Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination
How to apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to grassrootsjobs at climatereality.com.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net