[ES_JOBS_NET] Earth Sciences Job Email list
jennifer at adclub.com
Mon Jun 17 16:08:37 MDT 2013
Please post the below job opportunity on behalf of Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory. Position is located in Berkeley, CA.
Extremes (Climate) Project Scientist - 76086
Organization: ES-Earth Sciences
The Center at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory for Integrative Modeling of the Earth System (CLIMES) has an exciting opportunity for a term appointment project scientist researching extreme weather events and climate change. The project scientist will work with a dynamic group of investigators from the Computational and Earth Sciences Research Divisions conducting innovative research in extreme climate change, climate analysis, uncertainty quantification and statistical methods, multiscale modeling of the Earth system, and advanced numerical methods for climate dynamics. The successful applicant will also collaborate closely with research partners at U.C. Berkeley and at the National Energy Research Scientific Computing Center (NERSC) operated by Berkeley Lab.
• Contribute to the understanding of the mechanisms response for extreme weather events.
• Work collaboratively with LBNL climate science teams to enhance the numerical and physical foundations of state-of-the-science climate models.
• Compare statistical analyses of observed extreme weather to climate model simulations of the past and the future.
• Ascertain and improve the credibility of extreme weather projections under climate change scenarios.
• Produce and deliver oral and written presentations of scientific results
• Work effective in a large and integrated team
• Contribute to an active intellectual environment
• PhD degree in atmospheric science, physics, applied mathematics or a related technical field preferred to be completed as of the start date for this position.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong skills in mathematics and theoretical analysis.
• Ability to work collaboratively in interdisciplinary teams
• Interest in contributing to an active intellectual environment.
• Experience in dynamical systems theory, data analysis, statistical analysis, and development of computational fluid dynamical models highly desirable.
How To Apply
Apply directly online at http://bit.ly/lbl76086EarthSciList and follow the on-line instructions to complete the application process.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Berkeley Lab is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer committed to the development of a diverse workforce.
Ad Club Advertising
Toll Free: 800.333.1228
Toll Free Fax: 800.759.4675
jennifer at adclub.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net