[ES_JOBS_NET] Assistant Scientist Position in the Chinese Academy of Sciences (Beijing)
xfeng at ibcas.ac.cn
Mon Jul 1 01:03:53 MDT 2013
Could you please post the following ad for a position at the Chinese Academy of Sciences (Beijing)? Many thanks!
The Carbon Cycling and Organic Geochemistry (CCOG) Group opens a position for a young and vibrant Assistant Scientist in the State Key Laboratory of Vegetation and Environmental Change under the Institute of Botany, Chinese Academy of Sciences (IBCAS) in Beijing. The CCOG group focuses on investigating the transformation and transport of terrestrial organic matter under global changes and on assessing biogeochemical and physical processes that affect terrestrial carbon cycling. The major research topics include:
1. Molecular and isotopic (13C and 14C) composition of terrestrial biomarkers in soils and sediments;
2. Impact of global changes on carbon cycling in soils and fluvial systems;
3. Export of terrestrial organic matter into aquatic systems.
The successful applicant will be working closely with Dr. Xiaojuan Feng in the above research areas and will actively participate in grant applications to the National Natural Science Foundation of China and in the supervision of graduate students. No teaching obligations.
Salaries and benefits are negotiable according to the standards of IBCAS.
· PhD degree in geochemistry, geography, ecology, soil science or related disciplines with a focus on soil biogeochemistry. Postdoctoral experience is desirable but not mandatory.
· Research experience with biomarkers or compound-specific isotopes is prioritized.
· First-author publications in referred journals.
· A good command of English. Knowledge of Chinese is highly advantageous.
· Age less than 36, in good health.
Please send your CV, research statement, pdf files of published papers, and the names of 3 referrers to Dr. Xiaojuan Feng, xfeng at ibcas.ac.cn and visit our websitehttp://www.ibcas.ac.cn for more information. Deadline of application: October 1st, 2013 or until the position is filled.
Xiaojuan (Yvonne) Feng
Carbon Cycle & Organic Geochemistry
Institute of Botany, Chinese Academy of Sciences
20 Nanxincun Xiangshan, Beijing 100093 CHINA
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net