[ES_JOBS_NET] NE Marine Debris Regional Coordinator
erikaolson at gofreestone.com
Tue Aug 6 11:01:45 MDT 2013
Hi - Please find attached and below a position for distribution.
Northeast Regional Marine Debris Coordinator -
Freestone Environmental Services, Inc., (www.gofreestone.com<http://www.gofreestone.com/>) a multi-disciplinary consulting firm, a contractor to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), seeks a Northeast Regional Marine Debris Coordinator for the Office of Response and Restoration (ORR). This individual will work with NOAA's Marine Debris Program (MDP) (www.marinedebris.noaa.gov<http://www.marinedebris.noaa.gov/>), which is located in NOAA's Silver Spring, Maryland offices. This individual will be located in New England. The exact location will be determined once a candidate is selected; possible locations include Gloucester, MA, Woods Hole, MA and the greater Boston area. The location will be selected based on proximity to the selected candidate.
ORR (www.response.restoration.noaa.gov<http://www.response.restoration.noaa.gov/>) is a program office in the National Ocean Service that responds to threats in order to protect and restore coastal resources. To do this ORR provides interdisciplinary scientific response to releases of oil, chemicals, and contaminants, protects and restores NOAA trust resources.
* Oversee and/or provide support to marine debris related projects, activities, and actions in the Northeastern United States (Delaware through Maine).
* Participate in intergovernmental meetings, workshops and media events related to marine debris efforts.
* Provide expertise and oversight for MDP-funded projects in each region, and provide support to related projects, activities, and actions in the region. Support the planning and implementation
of regional marine debris action plans.
* Provide support and coordination for severe marine debris events in the Northeast.
* Coordinate with federal and state partners in the region on marine debris issues.
* Work closely with the fishing industry on marine debris prevention.
* Identify opportunities and participate in outreach and educational events with the public, school groups and industry partners focused on the prevention of marine debris.
* Participate in Congressional briefings in the region related to marine debris.
* Master's in biology or environmental science or a related field. If the candidate does not have a Master's then an undergraduate degree in biology or environmental science or related field with significant work experience and understanding of marine debris issues.
* Strong verbal & writing skills, and strong computer & analytical skills.
* Self-motivated, energetic, strategic thinker.
* Ability to work independently and in teams.
* Experience working on and leading interdisciplinary teams.
* Experience working in the Northeast and with the fishing industry is preferred.
Please submit your resume, the contact information for three (3) references, your salary requirements, and a cover letter explaining how your qualifications meet the requirements of the position to: fesadmin at gofreestone.com <mailto:fesadmin at gofreestone.com> with the following subject line: NE Regional Coordinator.
Freestone is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Veteran Friendly.
Erika Olson/Program Manager
Freestone Environmental Services, Inc.
1100 Jadwin Ave., Suite 250 * Richland, WA 99352
Tel: 206.371.1435 * Fax: 509.943.5454
erikaolson at gofreestone.com<mailto:erikaolson at gofreestone.com>
| REGULATORY PLANNING | FIELD DATA COLLECTION AND REPORTING |
| SOIL AND GROUNDWATER REMEDIATION | RISK ASSESSMENT |
| WATER RESOURCES |
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 14445 bytes
Url : http://mailman.ucar.edu/pipermail/es_jobs_net/attachments/20130806/aeda6bf6/attachment.bin
More information about the Es_jobs_net