[Ecsa] UCAR Listening Session for Early Career Scientists with Tony Busalacchi

Rachel McCrary rmccrary at ucar.edu
Wed May 9 15:52:00 MDT 2018

Dear Early Career Colleagues,

UCAR President Antonio Busalacchi will hold a listening session
specifically for early career scientists on *Thursday, May 24 from 11a.m. -
noon* in the main seminar room at the Mesa Lab.

This listening session is an opportunity for us to meet as a cohort to shed
light on our experiences at NCAR and UCP thus far — and share ideas with
Tony for how UCAR’s service groups can best support us going forward.
Early career scientists have unique needs for career development and
growth. This is our opportunity to ensure that UCAR leadership hears our
voices and understands our needs and concerns.

For those of you unfamiliar with the role, the UCAR President is
responsible for the overall strategic direction and operational excellence
of UCAR, NCAR, and UCP. The President manages and is advised by the President’s
Council <https://president.ucar.edu/president/ucar-presidents-council>,
whose members represent the primary leadership of NCAR, UCP, Finance and
Administration, Human Resources, Diversity and Inclusion, and other key
operational personnel. For a detailed description of the President’s
responsibilities and a biosketch of Tony’s professional background, please
see the attached PDF.

About this listening session, Tony writes,“Your input is incredibly
valuable in maintaining a high level of communication and helping to create
a better organization. To help us support your career progress and keep our
organization moving forward as a whole, I encourage you to attend.”

If you would like to submit questions ahead of the session, please feel
free to send them to Tony’s executive assistant, Joanna Schmitz
(joanna at ucar.edu) or you can submit anonymous questions directly to him via
the President’s Anonymous Suggestion Box
<https://president.ucar.edu/president/anonymous-suggestion-box>.

UCAR Listening Session for Early Career Scientists

Thursday, May 24, 11 a.m.–noon

Mesa Lab Main Seminar Room

Note: The session will not be webcast, please attend in person!!

Thanks!

Rachel McCrary

Chair of the Early Career Scientists Assembly