[Ecsa] Career Opportunities at NCAR and Beyond - Today 1pm, FL2-1022

Simone Tilmes tilmes at ucar.edu
Fri Oct 12 08:10:23 MDT 2012

Please join us today to the Early Career Science Assembly Workshop on

Career Opportunities at NCAR and Beyond - Today 1pm, Refreshments: 12:30pm

Unsure where your career is headed? Thinking about how to advance at
NCAR? Considering a change of track or position? Wondering what career
options exist in academia or industry? Please join us for a panel
discussion with current and former NCAR scientists who have experienced
a variety of career paths to explore these issues. Webcast and ReadyTalk
will be available for people from the outside to join in the discussion.

The panelists will briefly introduce their career path and the choices
and opportunities that they had along the way. This will be followed by
questions and comments from the audience. We especially encourage all
the scientists that belong to the Early Career Scientists Assembly
(Associate Scientists, Postdocs, Project Scientists I & II, and Ladder
Track Scientists I&II) to attend the meeting.

When:  October 12, 2012, 1-3pm (refreshments will be served at 12:30pm,
prior to the meeting)
Where:  FL2-1022, Large Auditorium
Webcast available: http://www.fin.ucar.edu/it/mms/fl-live.htm
ReadyTalk: Dial-In Number: (866) 740-1260   Access Code: 4971471

Panelists:
Sue Schauffler, Deputy Director, EOL
Dennis Shea, AS IV, CGD
Gokhan Danabasoglu, SIII, CGD
Marcia Politovich, Deputy Director, RAL
Jim Hannigan, PSIII, ACD
Kevin Petty, Head of Technology Research, Vaisala, Inc
Ben Bernstein, Founder, Leading Edge Atmospherics
Mark Rast, Associate Professor, University of Colorado