[Ecsa] Undergraduate Leadership Workshop (ULW) "Speed Dating" and Graduate/Early Career Scientist Panel

Tim Barnes tbarnes at ucar.edu
Wed May 9 17:47:20 MDT 2012

On Thursday June 14th the /Spark/ Student Opportunities group is trying
something new: speed dating...kind of. That morning from 8:00 am to 9:00
am we would like some NCAR staff to gather in CG -1,  2126 (and around
the lobby area...) to spend five minutes segments sharing information
about your science and career with small groups (or even pairs) of
undergrads in the ULW. These undergrads are trying to determine if
research is the career for them and don't know of all the different
opportunities in the community. Stop by and broaden their understanding
of our community. Contact Tim Barnes in /Spark /for details!

Right after the "Speed Dating" (from 9:00 am - 10:15 am) we'll host a
graduate panel. If you would like to be panel member, stick around, or
show up, to sit on the panel and share your experience, so far, in the
research community. Over the last decade, this panel session has proven
wildly important the to ULW participants decision making process. They
greatly appreciate hearing the experience and advice of those who have
come before them! Again, if you would like to participate, contact Tim
Barnes in /Spark /UCAR Science Education (Formerly UCAR Education and
Outreach) at x1169 or tbarnes at ucar.edu.

--
	Tim Barnes, Undergraduate Leadership Workshop, School & Public Programs
P.O. Box 3000, Boulder, CO 80307-3000 U.S.A.