[Ecsa] Survey Results and further announcements

Simone Tilmes tilmes at ucar.edu
Mon Jun 25 22:13:30 MDT 2012

Dear ECSA Members,

thanks so much for taking part in our recent survey. We had more than
40% of all the ECSA members attended!! This is a great outcome and the
results are attached. The comments of individuals are not included in
the ppt, but will be considered for the planning of future meetings.

Based on the survey, we decided that there is not enough support for an
ECSA retreat in early July to discuss workforce issues and differences
between job categories. Instead, we plan to organize an ECSA retreat in
early fall with more focus on topics people raised interested in. We
will also target all job categories for future meetings including
Associate scientists, and webcast (if possible) the meetings to give
people that are located outside of Boulder the chance to participate.

Even though there will be no retreat on Workforce issues next month, you
can participate and raise your concerns. The UMC WG6, is addressing this
topic and will report their outcome to the upper management. If you are
interested to serve on this committee as a representative of your job
category, please contact Gang Lu (ganglu at ucar.edu). This work is
important and has let in the past to changes for example the
establishment of the PS-4 position.

If you have any other comments with regard to workforce issues, or other
comments on the survey, please do not hesitate to send us an email or
contact us in any way!

Finally, I want to announce that my 2-year term as the chair of the ECSA
has ended and I am looking for a replacement. Being the chair of ECSA
allows you to lead the ECSA steering committee and you become more known
in the organization and among other senior stuff. Please let me know if
you are interested or if you have any questions. The ECSA SC will
interview the candidates and make the decision. All candidates will be
considered that raise interest before July 20, 2012.

Best regards,

Simone Tilmes and the ECSA Steering Committee

ECSA Chairperson