[Ecsa] ECSA general meeting summary

Simone Tilmes tilmes at ucar.edu
Wed Jun 13 14:35:23 MDT 2012

Dear ECSA members,

thanks for those who made it yesterday to the meeting with Roger. The
meeting slides are attached. Roger pointed to the importance for you to
be involved in the strategic planning process. The entire ECSA has over
350 members. This is a critical number of scientists at NCAR, who's
voices need to be heard to help lead the future direction of NCAR. Your
projects and interests need to be proposed and argued for to make it in
the NCAR strategic plan. Be active and take part in follow-up meetings
and Town Hall meetings!

It is also strongly recommended for all of you to attend the October
Members' Meeting 10/16-10/17. Please choose two of the breakout session
that you are interested in (see slides).

Note, for the Early Career Scientists/ Junior Faculty, any subject  can
be talked about.

We still need an internal co-chair for the Earl Career breakout session.
IF you like to volunteer please send me an email by the end of this week.

Please also suggest other topics you are interested in and that are not
covered, to me, Roger, or Peter Backlund, or your internal representative.

Any other comments, concerns, etc., are very welcome!

Best regards,

Simone Tilmes

ECSA Chairperson