[Ecsa] Looking for a new ECSA chairman/chairwoman

lamar at ucar.edu lamar at ucar.edu
Fri Jun 8 12:30:35 MDT 2007

Dear ECSA members

as of July 1, I will have to step down from the position
of ECSA chairman as I am being promoted to Sc. III.  The
ECSA is therefore looking for a new chairman/chairwoman.

Being the ECSA chairman has been a very valuable experience
to me and I strongly recommend you give it a good thought.
It has helped me understand some of the NCAR intricacies
(especially from being a member of the NCAR Scientist Assembly
Executive Committee). I have also enjoyed the challenge
of providing travel/visitor funds with a limited budget.
Finally, I have found that it is a great opportunity for
an individual (in collaboration with the ECSA Steering Committee)
to make a contribution to improving the experience of being
an early-career scientist at NCAR.

If you are interested or have questions, please let me
know (lamar at ucar.edu).

The ECSA Steering Committee will make the final decision.

Sincerely,

Jean-Francois Lamarque