[Ecsa] Travel Funds: Conferences, Workshops, Meetings and Collaborative Travel

Scott Briggs sbriggs at ucar.edu
Fri Oct 27 09:20:17 MDT 2006

Travel Funds: Conferences, Workshops, Meetings and Collaborative Travel
for travel before 1 March 2007

Deadline:  November 10, 2006. If this is a request for AGU, please
send by November 2, 2006.

The ECSA is pleased to offer travel funds to early career scientists who
would like to attend conferences, workshops, or meetings before March 1
2007, but who do not have sufficient resources to go. Preference is
given to associate scientists as they usually have the fewest
opportunities to attend conferences, but this does not exclude
postdoctoral scientists, project scientists, and scientists. Eligibility
is partly based on the time since a previous request of ECSA travel
funds was awarded. Also, there is no requirement for the applicant to
give a talk at the conference or workshop. To maximize the number of
awards, we strongly encourage the applicants to look into the
possibility of cost sharing with their home divisions, hosts, and/or
meeting organizers if possible.
The maximum possible travel award per ECSA applicant is $1500.

Please fill in the following document
http://www.asp.ucar.edu/ecsa/download/travel_request.doc
and send it to me by interoffice mail (Jean-François Lamarque, FL0).

Jean-François Lamarque
Chairman of the Early Career Scientists Assembly