[Ecsa] nominations for new ECSA Chair

Peter Thornton thornton at ucar.edu
Tue Jan 31 11:56:23 MST 2006

Dear ECSA Members,

It has been my pleasure to serve as ECSA Chair for the past two years,
and I would like to thank everyone who has helped to make this a vital
organization  - through organization of and participation in programs
and events, and through suggestions and comments.  I would especially
like to thank the past and present members of the ECSA Steering
Committee for their leadership and committment to the ECSA mission.

The Steering Committee is now soliciting for ECSA members interested in
being nominated for ECSA Chair.  If you are interested, please contact
your ECSA divisional representative (see list below) *today or
tomorrow*.  The Steering Committee will meet this Thursday to consider
nominations.

Members from MMM or ASP who are interested in being nominated should
contact me directly, since Arlene Laing (MMM rep) is out of town, and
there is currently no ASP rep.

Also, please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about the
Chair position.

Thanks again, and best regards,
Peter

Divisional Reps, email and phone: