[Ecsa] Junior Faculty Forum topic selection

Scott Briggs sbriggs at ucar.edu
Mon Jan 24 08:36:16 MST 2005

      Dear ECSA Members,

   We have the following topic suggestions for this year's Junior
  Faculty Forum:

   - Predicting future change in extreme weather events using climate
     models (or predicting future climate change using climate models),

   - Climate change interaction with the biosphere, possibly accelerating
     extinction rates,

   - Biases in coupled climate models,

   - Necessary and unnecessary observations,

   - Regional climate modeling.

  We plan to choose 2-3 topics (combining is also an option) from
  this list by the end of this week. This e-mail is to solicit your
  concerns and interests in any of these topics. You can also let us
  know if you would be willing to help organize a topic.
  Please send your input to me at gokhan at ucar.edu as soon as possible.

    Gokhan Danabasoglu
    Aaron Swanson
    Craig Hartsough