[Ecsa] TODAY: NSA Open Meeting with Tim Killeen

Peter Thornton thornton at cgd.ucar.edu
Mon Apr 25 08:50:25 MDT 2005

Dear ECSA Members,

I want to call your attention to the NCAR Scientists' Assembly meeting, today at
3pm, ML Main Seminar Room.  Tim Killeen will be addressing the recent budget
cuts, and the upcoming NCAR Strategic Planning process and how we can all
participate in the establishment of NCAR's scientific priorities.  I strongly
encourage you to attend.  I was briefed last week, at the NSA Executive
Committee meeting with Tim Killeen, on the plans for incorporating NCAR
scientists' input into the new Strategic Plan, and I was encouraged to see that
there will be multiple opportunities to play an active role in the creation of
this document.  I know that many of you have strong opinions on the best future
directions for NCAR science, and this process will be a good opportunity to get
those opinions heard and considered.  At this meeting you should get first-hand
information on exactly how and when you will be able to participate and
contribute - so please plan to attend.

Thanks,
Peter

--