[Dart-users] DART documentation needs your help.

Tim Hoar thoar at ucar.edu
Fri Apr 1 16:00:41 MDT 2011

I am adding to the DART www-pages and need suggestions from you.

In particular, I have added to the

Documentation:Was the Assimilation Effective?  section

(the direct link follows:)
http://test.www.image.ucar.edu/DAReS/DART/DART_Documentation.php#DidItWork

Please read it over and let me know what you think. The intent is
to guide someone who is just starting with DART. I would like to
keep it model-agnostic, but nice examples (model-specific) are
always a good idea.

I also added to the
Documentation:State Space Diagnostics   section

http://test.www.image.ucar.edu/DAReS/DART/DART_Documentation.php#ss_diagnostics

and realize how little I know of how people analyze their state-space results! I need ideas and examples on how people diagnose things from
the Posterior_Diag.nc and Prior_Diag.nc files. In the coming days, I will
add examples on checking inflation fields and values through time (with ncview),
but I quickly run out of ideas. I will be adding example graphics to this
section to illustrate what each of the matlab scripts does - so consider that
to be a given. (Most of these will be WRF examples, BTW.)

I have also added to the
Documentation:non-Matlab Diagnostics   section. Please let me know what you think.

http://test.www.image.ucar.edu/DAReS/DART/DART_Documentation.php#alt_diagnostics

Thanks -- Tim

Tim Hoar, Associate Scientist
thoar at ucar.edu