[Dart-users] updated GPS scripts

Nancy Collins nancy at ucar.edu
Fri Oct 22 14:12:16 MDT 2010

hello darters,

i've just committed revised versions of all the scripts and
the README in the DART/observations/gps/shell_scripts dir.
here's the commit message:

Major revision of the GPS scripts from Ryan Torn, with more tweaks by me.
The scripts now download and convert a day at a time, 0Z to 0Z.  To construct
files with obs from 03:01Z to 03:00 + 1 day, use the obs_sequence_tool.

There is now a single wrapper script and all the download, convert, and
cleanup is done by a second script.  The documentation has been updated
to match the revised scripts.

if you use these scripts to process COSMIC GPS observations,
please let me know if they are easier for you to use.
they are much simpler now, and a single script can do
the download, the convert, and then the file cleanup.

have a good weekend,
nancy