[Dart-users] updated wrf model_mod & utils

Nancy Collins nancy at ucar.edu
Thu Mar 12 13:29:47 MDT 2009

dear dart-users,

if you're a wrf user, please be aware that josh hacker has
finished stage one of a fairly comprehensive revamp of the
dart wrf model_mod.f90 code, along with an overhaul
of the dart_tf_wrf utility program.   he has two tar files
of changed code and instructions -- these have NOT yet
been committed to the dart subversion repository.

if you are able/willing to test these changes, please
contact josh or me (hacker at ucar.edu, nancy at ucar.edu)
and we'll send you the tar files directly.   these changes
should be bitwise reproducible with previous versions of
the dart/wrf code.   they will require a minor update to
your dart input.nml namelist file, but if you use the default
configuration your existing initial condition files should
still work.

the proposal is to give people time to test the code and
then unless we hear otherwise, commit it to the repository
in preparation for additional code changes.   i don't know
if it's feasible, but i propose to do the commit sometime near
the end of next week.  if that's not enough time for you to
test, please email me directly and we'll work something out.

and as always, if you know of someone who is a wrf user
and they did not get this email, please have them email me
and i'll gladly add them to the dart-users mailing list.

thanks,
nancy