[Dart-dev] slew of DART repository changes

Tim Hoar thoar at ucar.edu
Tue Jul 1 17:39:54 MDT 2008

Don't Panic.

Words to live by. I just changed virtually every file in the DART
repository,
in a user-invisible fashion (for the most part). Each file in a
subversion
repository has database properties. I made those properties
consistent for
logical groups of files. Due to the piecemeal manner in which files
get added
to the repository, things tend to drift over time.

In the meantime, I've also learned a bit about how subversion works,
so we
have some better 'best practices'.

All this means is that the ONLY things that will change in the body of
the files are the subversion keywords (Id, Date, Revision, URL, etc.),
which will now be accurate. I didn't change ANY of the workings of
ANY of the files.

This effort also highlighted some inconsistencies in the naming of
shell scripts,
what to do with 'original' code that may already have a Id associated
from its
prior life ... all kinds of pathological goodies.

With that, I am on vacation for a week.

Just remember that the subversion email always comes from Nancy, so
WE know
who to blame ...

Tim Hoar, Associate Scientist
thoar at ucar.edu