[CoWy ASA] CO/ WY ASA - Fall Meeting, Job Announcement

Matt Pocernich mpocernich at neptuneinc.org
Tue Jun 7 11:45:36 MDT 2011

## Fall Meeting - Friday September 30th
## Job Announcement

ASA Members,

The fall meeting is being planned for Sep 30, and we would like to extend an
invitation to speak about  a topic on statistics at this time. If you have a presentation you would
like to give, please respond to Matt Strand at  StrandM at NJHealth.org to get
on the agenda. Speakers will have 15 minutes  each.

Matt Ostberg

President CO/WY chapter

### Environmental Statistician ( or something similar)

We are currently looking for statisticians, decision analysts, or quantitative environmental modelers who are interested in working with a dynamic group of statisticians /decision analysts and environmental scientists to perform multi-disciplinary work in the environmental arena.  We are looking for expertise in one or more of the following areas:  probabilistic modeling of environmental systems, uncertainty and sensitivity analysis using data mining techniques, Bayesian decision analysis, statistical programming using R, web-based programming, GIS capabilities, and familiarity with open-source tools.  In addition, we expect a basic understanding of statistics, environmental science, and programming.  Knowledge of environmental regulations is desirable.  Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills are necessary to excel in this position.  The successful candidate will be able to convey statistical and/or scientific concepts to technical and non-technical audiences and will be adept at working with others to solve abstract environmental problems.  The people we are seeking will be self-starters who are detail-minded and broad-thinking.  M.S./Ph.D. or equivalent experience is required.  Potential job locations are: Denver, CO, or Los Alamos, NM.

Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to
Paul Black, CEO, Neptune and Company, Inc.

pblack at neptuneinc.org

####

Matthew Pocernich --- Statistician
(720) 746-1803 ext. 2#