[CoWy ASA] ### Judges need for statistics award at the Colorado Science Fair - April 9th/ 10th

Matt Pocernich mjpdenver at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 18:55:42 MDT 2009

### Colorado State Science and Engineering Fair - Special Statistics
Award - April 9th and 10th Fort Collins

Our chapter is continuing the tradition of giving special awards for
science projects which best use and present statistics.  The judging
takes place at CSU in Fort Collins, on Thursday, April 9th from 12:30
to 5.  We are looking for a couple members to judge this event.   For
the first time, this year science fair participants will chose to
compete for the awards.  So all judges will review these projects.
Additionally, we may have spot awards to projects which have not
chosen to participate, but still have used statistical concepts.  The
purpose here is to offer these students encouragement to consider
competing in future year.

This events is great deal of fun.  The kids show a great deal of
creativity and are great to meet.

The Award Ceremony for the fair will be held on at 7 pm on Friday,
April 10th at Big Thompson High School in Loveland Colorado.  If you
are available to attend the ceremony and present our award on behalf
of the chapter, that would be useful.  By default, the fair organizers
announce the special awards for groups not present.  In the past, we
have not had any members attend this ceremony.

If you are interested or have questions, please contact Matt Pocernich
at pocernic at ucar.edu this week by March 13.

Thanks,

Matt