[Cosmic_announce] Edition 4 BUFR files expected soon!

Ritz, Richard L Civ USAF AFWA 16 WS/WXN Richard.Ritz at offutt.af.mil
Wed Nov 21 11:32:24 MST 2012

Doug,

I ran a comparison of the COSMIC data file.  I don't appear to be receiving CNOFS data.  I used to, but it has stopped for some reason.  I ran a processing of the data, and I output the files in the NCAR WRF Little_r format for assimilation into the WRF3DVAR.  Like Josep, I am seeing differences.  All fields in the data file show differences.  I will provide a copy of the data file from the current production and the test file to you in a separate email.  Since I can't tell the impact of the differences, I am concerned about the change.  I request a delay until this can be addressed.  I will be leaving for the weekend later today, so I won't be able to run any more tests until next week.

Please let me know if you have questions.  I'm sending the data file and the code to that describes how the file is formatted shortly.  Thank you.

Richard Ritz

/signed/
RICHARD L. RITZ, GS-12, 16WS/WXN
Meteorologist, Data Assimilation Team and Specialized Models Team
Commercial:  (402) 294-3918
DSN:  271-3918