[Cosmic_announce] Notice of CDAAC and Suominet outage: 11 Nov 2010, 12:30 - 14:00 UT.

Karl Hudnut khudnut at ucar.edu
Mon Nov 8 12:35:29 MST 2010

Dear Colleague

Notice of CDAAC and Suominet outage: 11 Nov 2010, 12:30 - 14:00 UT.

On Thursday, 11 Nov 2010 at 12:30 UT there will be an interuption in
internet service at our data centers for CDAAC and Suominet. This will
interupt all incoming data as well as outgoing processed results. This
outage is un-avoidable and is due to the need to replace equipment by our
internet service provider. The outage could last up to 90 minutes, or
14:00 UT. Our service provider has ensured us that they will do everything
possible to minimize the impact of this outage. Our staff will be
monitoring the situation and will also do our best to minimize this impact.

Please Note: CDAAC and Suominet are research efforts and are not intended
to be operational. Our computer facilities are "tier 1 facilities" at best.

--
Dr. Karl Hudnut        System Administrator      UCAR - COSMIC
khudnut at ucar.edu    http://www.cosmic.ucar.edu    303 497 8024