[Cosmic_announce] DDS server down, no COSMIC BUFR files being sent (fwd)

Doug Hunt dhunt at mail.cosmic.ucar.edu
Sun Jun 1 08:01:59 MDT 2008

Greetings:  As of about 3am Mountain time this morning, the DDS ftp server
which receives BUFR files for COSMIC from UCAR:

dds.nesdis.noaa.gov

appears to be hung.  I have tried changes in our FTP push script, I have tried
logging in manually and I have tried turning off our firewall--none of these
seem to help.   All indications point to a problem with the dds.nesdis server.
Our ftp script is able to log in successfully, but then it hangs either upon
trying to change directory to the /push/ area or trying to push a file.

Please give me a call at the CDAAC operator cell phone:  303-579-3776
if you have any questions.

Regards,

   Doug Hunt