[Cosmic_announce] COSMIC Outage this morning

maggie maggie at ucar.edu
Tue Oct 17 12:33:48 MDT 2006

Dear All:

We had a COSMIC CDAAC ~5 hour outage this morning. It started at ~4:33
am MT when our primary Leo machine (Leo-b) experienced an NFS failure.

We became aware of the problem at ~8:00 am. (At the workshop).

The outage affected our website and processing for 5 hours.

Doug and I did a failover to the backup IO machine and also a failover
to the backup LEO machine.

Because the back up machines were up to date, the website and processing
resumed as soon as we did the failover at ~8:30 this morning.

At this moment processing is up to date.

Best Regards,
The Cosmicops Team