[CFIC] Draft: Message to Director's

Pat Waukau waukau at ucar.edu
Tue Jan 29 14:38:18 MST 2008

Lance,

On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 02:04:24PM -0700, Lance Jones wrote:
> Pat, two thoughts right off:
>
> 1) Feb 4th seems excessively short notice to make this decision.  I
> suspect some directors are going to want more time to talk with their
> people and ask questions.  Some might not even be around over the next few
> days to have these conversations.  I would suggest Feb 11th at a minimum.

How about a compromise of February 8?  We would want to invite designated
technical representatives to the sys admin meeting the following week.

> 2) Do you feel that it would be appropriate for some programs to designate
> technical and financial points of contact to represent several programs?

I'm not quite sure what you are asking.  In the case of UOP for instance,
are you suggesting that there may a single technical person representing
the interests of the Director's office, DLS, and JOSS?  If that type of
consolidation makes sense, in my opinion it is up to the specific groups.
Each group would still be asked to provide their final response to the
plan.