[CFIC] CFIC: Action Plan

Terri Betancourt terrib at ucar.edu
Fri Jan 18 16:47:58 MST 2008

Pat,

As I understand it, there were several folks from CFIC that attended the
meeting with Gina and Katy on Monday of last week to discuss the current FL0
charging scheme.  I¹m sure those that were in attendance are in a much
better position to update the committee on the outcome of that meeting.

Gina held a follow-up meeting at RAL last Friday to continue discussions of
both short-term and long-term strategies for charging schemes applied to
shared computing facilities.  It was very helpful for me to hear from such a
broad group of participants some of the key issues involved in establishing
and implementing the complexities of such a charging scheme.  It also became
clear to me at this meeting that my position on the CFIC would be much
better served by a longer range view than what I have been able to provide.
Fortunately, Deirdre Garvey, who is responsible for long-range computing
facilities planning in RAL has agreed to step into my position on the CFIC.

If you would provide Deirdre with a login to the CFIC wiki, I will update
her on its content, the working groups, and the upcoming meeting, and
reporting goal to the President¹s Council.

Many thanks,
- Terri b.