[CFIC] CFIC: Action Plan

Pat Waukau waukau at ucar.edu
Thu Jan 10 09:38:01 MST 2008

Terri,

Although it is not explicitly stated in the CFIC charter that the
committee is responsible for managing existing shared facilities, given
there isn't an alternative the committee has by default taken this on.
As part of the prior Computing Facilities Planning Committee (CFPC), it
was decided that we needed interim room managers.  Deirdre Garvey agreed
to be the manager for FL0-0110 and Jim VanDyke agreed to manage FL2-3095.
Groups wanting to locate systems in FL2-3095 or FL0-0110 need to complete
and submit the UCAR Collocation Request form and submit to the committee
(cfic at ucar.edu).  I review the request and consult with Dave Patterson
to verify that the infrastructure resources are available to support
the request.  If there aren't any other specific issues, I inform the
either Jim or Deirdre and they coordinate the remaining move requirements
(i.e. networking, power connections, etc.), otherwise committee input
will be sought.

Hope this clarifies the situation.

Pat

Pat Waukau   waukau at ucar.edu