[CFIC] Summary 2006 Computer Room Survey

Pat Waukau waukau at ucar.edu
Wed Feb 20 15:18:02 MST 2008

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 01:09:03PM -0700, David Patterson wrote

Pat,
What do the numbers mean in columns titled "Future Inc. Space"?

Amount of extra sq. ft. they anticipate needing in the future. Realized there
was an error in the IMAGe sq. ft.  Total should be 30

What does the column titled "Future acquisitions to ensure availability requirements" mean?  Are these new infrastructure "wants/needs" or existing items?

These are additional wants/needs.

Do you see any disturbing trends?  I am not sure I can interpret the results myself.

In the initial survey we saw a  significant growth curve especially with RAL and CGD.
This hasn't occurred to the extent expected.  Certainly a number of groups
desire a whole room UPS.  What would the impacts be if these were installed in
existing spaces?  We'll need to see what modifications are made once groups have a
chance to update these numbers.

Pat

Pat Waukau   waukau at ucar.edu