[CFIC] Implementation Q&A concern

Lance Jones lj at ucar.edu
Fri Apr 25 09:48:02 MDT 2008

I don't think this requires much change at all, just a more "softly
worded" iteration of what we already have.  For example, change the last
two sentences as:
"It is understood that there may be programmatic needs for having some
systems in close proximity.  However, the intent is to have the majority
of systems in collocation facilities in order for the organization to
realize the cost savings of centralization."

Or something like that.  In short, soften it a bit.

The decision to roll the costs for this into the indirect rate gives the
organization as much leverage as it needs to achieve centralization.  No
need to be forceful about it at every turn.

lj