[CFIC] Organizational Processes - Comments
waukau at ucar.edu
Wed Apr 23 17:22:50 MDT 2008
Following are my comments on the organizational processes section.
As I was doing the governance piece, I did some restructuring. I'm
proposing the following:
- Remove the Scope as it is detailed in the Executive Summary
- Put the Recommendation first. Specifics about group membership
would be part of the implementation
- Requirements would be next
- Mention other processes for acquiring information about computers
bond requests, division strategic plans, division strategies for
- Rather than trying to infer how a particular computer requested
is going to be used based on cost, power consumption, weight, etc.
ask direction questions in the process. At some point people need
to be up front about their intentions.
- I don't think the property management system is an appropriate
primary mechanism for documenting and tracking what is in collocation
facilities. I think the CISL database would be far more accurate.
The property inventory could be used for a cross check.
- Bi-directional Communication
- This section is more relevant to the management component of the
- For organizational processes I think it would be important to communicate
with Administrators who are involved in the proposal processes and
individuals responsible for purchasing with divisions and programs.
Pat Waukau waukau at ucar.edu
Head, Systems Group
Mesoscale and Microscale Meteorology Division
P. O. Box 3000
Boulder, CO 80307
(303) 497-8906 (Office)
(303) 497-8181 (FAX)
More information about the CFIC