[CFIC] Re: CFIC: Request for Comments

Jim Menghi menghi at ucar.edu
Wed Apr 16 10:19:12 MDT 2008

Hi Pat,

Thank you for this opportunity.  As I understand the PC has approved the
addition of estimated costs for FY2009 to the Occupancy Cost Pool and
thereby adding .1% to the UOP On site indirect Rate proposed to NSF.

Since these FY09 costs were based on historical costs and the
implementation plan suggests other changes to the future of centralized
computer rooms, do you have future annual cost estimates for these
centralized computer rooms?

Given that the available space in the computer rooms at CG and FL is
limited and that all UOP and NCAR programs will be paying a portion of
the annual cost, how will the CFIC manage this limited resource?

regards,
Jim