[CFIC] TCO spreadsheet

Pat Waukau waukau at ucar.edu
Tue Oct 30 11:53:50 MDT 2007

Aaron/Committee,

Thanks for forwarding this on.  I had some time to step through it yesterday
and it does provide a lot of useful information and calculations.  I think we
are at a point where we need to identify the specific financial information
we need to provide in the final report, how we go about collecting the necessary
information, and how we will present it.  Following are some of the reports
that have been mentioned to date.

- Current costs divisions would incur if they were charged for utilities in
  existing rooms (done)
- Cost to upgrade existing buildings to accommodate future growth of existing
  computer rooms vs cost of collocation facility
- Costs for assuming remaining costs for dep/int of CISL infrastructure
- Management costs
- Cost allocation methodology - Cost scenarios/projectons
- Transition costs

If anyone as additional ones to add, please do so.  Do we want a separate
subgroup to pull these numbers together or does it logically fit within
an existing group.

Pat

Pat Waukau   waukau at ucar.edu