CEDAR email: NSF announcement

Raizada, Shikha sraizada at nsf.gov
Wed Mar 6 13:53:31 MST 2024

Dear Colleagues,

    This serves as a polite reminder for an upcoming Cedar solicitation<https://new.nsf.gov/funding/opportunities/coupling-energetics-dynamics-atmospheric-regions> with a target date of May 3, 2024. This opportunity seeks proposals with a focus on the Earth's upper atmospheric regions that cover a variety of topics, for example, coupling, energetics, chemistry, and dynamics on regional and global scales. Submissions relevant to investigations about Earth's aeronomy that include but are not limited to mesosphere, ionosphere, thermosphere, magnetosphere areas and their interactions are welcome.  The program will fund research activities that utilize ground-based, or satellite observations as well as theoretical and modelling efforts. The proposals need to follow guidelines as mentioned in the NSF proposal and Award Policies and Procedures Guide (PAPPG<https://new.nsf.gov/policies/pappg/23-1>).

We will hold a virtual office hour (VOH) at 2 - 3 PM (EST) on next Friday, March 15th 2024. for researchers interested in this funding opportunity. We strongly encourage early career scientists or first time PIs to attend this VOH. A follow up email will be sent out later with a link to this meeting.

In case of any questions, please contact Drs Shikha Raizada (sraizada at naf.gov<mailto:sraizada at naf.gov>) or Tai-Yin Huang (thuang at nsf.gov<mailto:thuang at nsf.gov>) for more details.
Sincerely,

Shikha Raizada and Tai-Yin

Dr. Shikha Raizada (She, Her, Hers)