CEDAR email: [Deadline extended!] AOGS 2024 session ST26 - The Ionosphere - Thermosphere Dynamics at Low and Middle Latitudes Driven by the External and Internal Forcing

Yen-Jung Wu yjwussl at berkeley.edu
Wed Jan 3 16:17:32 MST 2024

Dear CEDAR community,

The deadline for abstract submission for *AOGS* has been extended to *Jan
10th, 2024*.  The conference will be held in *Pyeongchang, South Korea*
 from *June 23st to June 28th, 2024*.

We'd like to draw your attention to *ST26 - **The Ionosphere - Thermosphere
Dynamics at Low and Middle Latitudes Driven by the External and Internal
Forcing*. Please consider submitting abstracts to our session and/or
encourage your students to join us.

Please see the description of the session below:
The GOLD, COSMIC-2 and ICON missions, along with existing ground-based and
space-based observations (such as GPS-TEC, TIMED, DMSP, Swarm, and etc),
provide an exciting opportunity to study the variability in the
thermosphere and ionosphere system due to various forcing from above and
below. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the changes of
the winds, composition, and thermal structure in the thermosphere, as well
as electric field and electron density in the ionosphere due to geomagnetic
activity, waves arising from the lower atmosphere and sudden stratospheric
warmings, etc. We solicit presentations that address scientific issues with
respect to variability in the thermosphere and ionosphere using
observations, numerical simulations, and general circulation models

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. We look forward to
seeing you in Pyeongchang!

Submit abstract:
https://www.asiaoceania.org/aogs2024/public.asp?page=home.asp

Sincerely,
Yen-Jung Wu (yjwu at ssl.berkeley.edu)
On behalf of convenors Quan Gan, Charles Lin, Astrid Maute and Qian Wu