CEDAR email: Update from the AGU Student Committee - Reminder for AGU 2023

Lin, Mei-Yun mylin2 at illinois.edu
Mon Oct 30 11:58:06 MDT 2023

The AGU student committee is thrilled to announce the upcoming conference in San Francisco, USA, with plenty of opportunities for students to advance their careers and build connections.

One program we would like to highlight is the AGU mentoring program (https://www.agu.org/learn-and-develop/learn/mentoring-programs/mentoringprograms), which includes Mentoring 365, Mentoring 365 Live, and Circles. These programs will offer excellent opportunities to find a mentor who can provide guidance on your career. Even if you cannot make it to the conference in person, Mentoring 365 still provides a chance to connect with AGU scientists virtually. Additionally, the AGU College of Fellows Mentoring Network is another group mentoring opportunity that helps broaden networking opportunities for early career scientists starting professionally in the Earth and space sciences.

We also want to remind you of the AGU flight program (https://flightschool.agu.org/), which aims to provide conference guidance for student attendees to AGU. Unfortunately, registration is now at full capacity. However, we encourage you to take advantage of such a resource in future AGUs.

Lastly, there will be social events such as the Space Physics and Aeronomy Gathering and Student and Early Career Mixer to meet peers and scientists at this year's AGU. During the registration process, you can add a ticket for these events. We hope to see all of you there.

Best wishes,
AGU student committee (https://connect.agu.org/spa/committees/overview)