CEDAR email: JOB OPENING: Ph.D. student in Atmosphere-Space Coupling at Stockholm University

Jörg Gumbel gumbel at misu.su.se
Thu Oct 19 13:42:37 MDT 2023

The Department of Meteorology at Stockholm University is seeking a Ph.D. student to become part of our MATS satellite team. The Swedish MATS satellite (Mesospheric Airglow/Aerosol Tomography and Spectroscopy) was launched in November 2022. The aim of the mission is to investigate atmospheric gravity waves. These waves efficiently connect the Earth’s high atmosphere (the mesosphere) to our nearest space environment (the lower thermosphere). The main instrument on MATS is a telescope that images the mesosphere / lower thermosphere in several wavelength channels in order to determine the properties of atmospheric gravity waves.

In close collaboration with other members of the MATS team, the doctoral student will analyse data in relation to atmospheric dynamics and space environment properties. A central aim is to better understand the interactions between atmosphere and space.

The Ph.D. student position concerns full-time employment for a period of four years. Please find details and information about the application process at
https://www.su.se/english/about-the-university/work-at-su/available-jobs/phd-student-positions-1.507588?rmpage=job&rmjob=21953&rmlang=UK .

For more information about the project, please contact Linda Megner, linda at misu.su.se.

The application deadline for the position is November 3, 2023.