CEDAR email: Invitation to Participate in the mini-GEM MPEC Session

Dogacan Ozturk dsozturk at alaska.edu
Mon Nov 27 15:29:13 MST 2023

Dear colleagues,

We cordially invite you to join our "Magnetospheric Sources of Particle
Precipitation and Their Role on Electrodynamic Coupling of
Magnetosphere-Ionosphere-Thermosphere Systems" session at
the mini-GEM Workshop. There is one MPEC session in this year's mini-GEM
which will take place in the Holiday Inn San Francisco – Golden Gateway
(500 Van Ness Avenue, San Francisco) on Sunday, December 10th. Please see
the description and location information below.

- MPEC stand-alone session between 12.00-13.30 PST in Gold Rush A.

This year we are soliciting 1-slide (~ 5-minute) presentations to allocate
most of our dedicated time for discussions. Our session will focus on
properties of precipitation that include but are not limited to
magnetospheric origin, acceleration mechanism, energy range, and scale. We
have prepared an interactive and exciting session format to foster a lively
(hybrid) discourse. You can access the presentation template through the
following link: https://tinyurl.com/my1slide4mpec.
<https://tinyurl.com/my1slide4mpec> Please prepare your 1-slide
presentation in the provided format and send it to Dogacan Ozturk (
dsozturk at alaska.edu) and Dong Lin (ldong at ucar.edu) by December 7th, 2023.

The Zoom link for virtual participation will be available via the GEM
Website. Please don't forget to register for mini-GEM via the GEM Website.

Looking forward to seeing you in person or virtually in San Francisco!
Dogacan Su Ozturk, Dong Lin, Yiqun Yu, Steve Kaeppler, Katherine Garcia-Sage

____________________________________
Doğacan Su Öztürk, Ph.D. (she/her)
Research Assistant Professor
UAF - Geophysical Institute
Office: 706A, Elvey Building
e-mail: dsozturk at alaska.edu
Website: https://sites.google.com/alaska.edu/dsozturkhomepage
To hear how my name is pronounced: https://namedrop.io/dogacanozturk

*We acknowledge the Alaska Native nations upon whose ancestral lands our
campuses reside. In Fairbanks, our Troth Yeddha' Campus is located on the
ancestral lands of the Dena people of the lower Tanana River.*