CEDAR email: CEDAR Mentor-Mentee Luncheon

Andrew Pepper ampeppe at g.clemson.edu
Wed Jun 7 07:28:07 MDT 2023

Hello CEDAR Community,

As the workshop draws near, we have one more activity to bring to
everyone's attention. Last year's "Lunch with a Scientist" was so
successful that we're sponsoring a similar event *on Monday, June 26th,*
this coming workshop! We listened to feedback from attendees to revamp the
Lunch with some significant changes:

(1) have a higher scientist/student ratio compared to previous workshops
(2) pairing CEDAR mentors and mentees within the same research area at the
same table while encouraging the attendees to switch tables between their
top two interested research areas
(3) have a career development section (Q&As regarding diff. career paths)
in the second half of the Lunch.
(4) recommend developing the mentor-mentee relationship beyond the event.

Mentors must have a Ph.D. in physics, space physics, or related fields and
can be at any career stage, from postdoc to senior scientist. Additionally,
mentors should have knowledge and experience regarding the CEDAR workshop
and its related scientific fields. Most importantly, mentors need to be
willing to guide the next generation of CEDAR scientists. Mentees can be
any student attending the workshop.

*For anyone interested in this activity, please sign up via this
registration* form:  <goog_1513920986>https://forms.gle/L8RQhAGQSWUYazkU9

We look forward to seeing everyone in San Diego!

Your Student Reps,

Andrew Pepper (2023-2024, ampeppe at g.clemson.edu)

Zishun Qiao (2022-2023, qiaoz1 at my.erau.edu)