CEDAR email: ESWW2023 - Session 100CD-05 – MULTI-POINT MEASUREMENTS IN SPACE FOR SPACE WEATHER APPLICATIONS

Aurélie Marchaudon aurelie.marchaudon at irap.omp.eu
Thu Jun 1 03:15:47 MDT 2023

Dear Colleagues,

The abstract submission for the 19th European Space Weather Week
(https://esww2023.org/) in Toulouse, France (20-24 November 2023) is now
open.

We would like to draw your attention to the community-driven session:
100CD-05 – MULTI-POINT MEASUREMENTS IN SPACE FOR SPACE WEATHER APPLICATIONS

We encourage you all to submit an abstract to our session by 29th of
June (submissions at: https://esww2023.org/submit-an-abstract) and look
forward to fruitful scientific exchanges.

Best regards,
Aurélie, Lasse and Beatriz

********************
100CD-05 – MULTI-POINT MEASUREMENTS IN SPACE FOR SPACE WEATHER APPLICATIONS

Session Conveners: Aurélie Marchaudon, Lasse Clausen, Beatriz Sanchez-Cano

required in the study of the Sun-Earth relations and their applications
in the framework of Space Weather, either to ensure a better
discrimination of the spatial and temporal effects as it is the case for
example of satellite swarms or joint satellite-rocket measurements or to
ensure a better spatio-temporal coverage of a specific study region with
in particular satellite constellations. At the two extremes of the
spectrum, we find purely scientific missions such as ESA-Cluster,
ESA-Swarm, NASA-Themis, NASA-MMS or the future NASA-HelioSwarm and
NASA-GDC missions and commercial constellations for which some data used
to ensure the attitude of the satellites have been diverted to
scientific uses (determination of the Earth’s parallel currents from
magnetometers on board the IRIDIUM constellation: AMPERE project). With
the emergence of New Space, including the rise of nanosatellites, it
becomes possible to consider new multi-point projects to improve the
space-time coverage of the Sun-Earth system, in particular, but not
only, for the near-Earth environment (radiation belts,
ionosphere-thermosphere) and to allow a more global description and a
better assimilation of the associated data in the forecasting models of
these regions. In this session, we call for all contributions presenting
original space projects using multi-point (satellites, cubesat, rockets,
and why not balloons or a combination of these different devices), with
possible applications for Space Weather.

--
Dr. Aurélie MARCHAUDON
IRAP/OMP (CNRS, CNES, UT3)
Email : aurelie.marchaudon at irap.omp.eu