CEDAR email: AGU Session SA020: Sub-auroral System Science

Bea Gallardo-Lacourt (GSFC-675.0)[CATHOLIC UNIV OF AMERICA] bea.gallardolacourt at nasa.gov
Thu Jul 20 12:58:04 MDT 2023

Dear colleagues,

We invite you to consider submitting an abstract to the SA020 session in SPA-Aeronomy at the AGU Fall Meeting, 2023.

Session Title:
SA020 - Sub-auroral System Science
https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm23/prelim.cgi/Session/191193

Session Description:
The sub-auroral region is located immediately equatorward of the auroral oval, where important magnetosphere-ionosphere-thermosphere (M-I-T) dynamical processes take place. Historically, satellites, as well as a combination of ground-based instruments, have provided important information about this region. However, in recent years—and most notably thanks to new citizen science observational capabilities—it has become increasingly clear that there are several unexplored physical and dynamic pathways in the region with important consequences for the overall geospace system.
In this session, we invite presentations on developments on the topic of sub-auroral dynamics, with a focus on gaining new insights into interconnections between the systems which influence the sub-auroral region from below and above.  We especially encourage presentations on data analysis, as well as new modeling and theoretical approaches for describing the region.

We look forward to receiving your contributions.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact one of the session conveners.

Best Regards,

Bea Gallardo-Lacourt (bea.gallardolacourt at nasa.gov<mailto:bea.gallardolacourt at nasa.gov>)
Carlos Martinis (martinis at bu.edu<mailto:martinis at bu.edu>)
Bharat Kunduri (bharatr at vt.edu<mailto:bharatr at vt.edu>)