CEDAR email: Invitation to AGU ED036 Session Co-Sponsored by SPA

Mark Moldwin mmoldwin at umich.edu
Sun Jul 16 10:06:29 MDT 2023

We would like to invite those involved or interested in Space Physics
undergraduate education to participate in ED036 (Co-sponsored by
SPA-SA-SM-SH): Space Physics and Aeronomy Undergraduate Programs:
Building Community and Sharing Resources at the Fall 2023 AGU Meeting in
San Francisco CA (https://www.agu.org/fall-meeting)

Session Description:

Heliophysics, space physics, and aeronomy, are disciplines that often do
not have a natural home in the usual academic departments, so faculty
are scattered across a variety of academic departments including,
physics, engineering, astronomy, Earth science, and atmospheric
science.  Because of this, undergraduate students do not routinely have
an opportunity to learn about space physics and heliophysics as a field
of study.  Individual faculty often are isolated without a community of
practice to share approaches and resources. The goal of this session is
to build community among undergraduate faculty so that they can share
experiences and resources, and potentially build a community of
practice.  We invite submissions focused on undergraduate education that
describe full programs, individual courses, or specific resources,
lessons, activities, or materials. The session will culminate in a
discussion on creating a resource repository and building a community of
practice.

More info and submit an abstract
https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm23/prelim.cgi/Session/190270

Note you are able to submit two first-author abstracts if they are to
two different Sections and this session's primary section is under ED.

Conveners: Nicholas A Gross, Boston University*(*gross at bu.ed)

Mark B. Moldwin, University of Michigan*(*mmoldwin at umich.edu)

Lindsay Goodwin, New Jersey Institute of
Technology*(*Lindsay.v.goodwin at njit.edu)

--
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Mark Moldwin

Why DE&I?
Diversity - Diverse groups produce better outcomes and is intrinsic to building a just society and undoing years of systemic racism.
Equity - Everybody deserves to be treated fairly
Inclusion - Inclusive environments expand opportunities for everyone

Self-expression and self-identification is one of my professional and personal values.
One way to practice these values is to share personal gender pronouns.
My name is Mark and I use he, him, his pronouns. What pronouns do you use?

Save a tree, please don't print this e-mail unless absolutely necessary.
"Hug a Tree and Work for Peace"    "Hug your baby for health!!!"     0-

Please do not send confidential, ITAR, or otherwise restricted data or files
to this email address. Please contact me to set up a secure file transfer as
needed.