CEDAR email: AGU Session: IN009 - Advancing AI with Open Env Datasets: Benchmarking Needs, Frameworks, Lessons Learned

Rob Redmon - NOAA Federal rob.redmon at noaa.gov
Wed Jul 12 16:29:56 MDT 2023

Dear CEDAR Colleagues,

We would like to draw your attention to Informatics session “IN009 -
Advancing AI with Open Env Datasets: Benchmarking Needs, Frameworks,
Lessons Learned” at the next Fall AGU Meeting, 11-15 December 2023 in San
Francisco CA and online.

Session Viewer Link:
https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm23/prelim.cgi/Session/187226

Session Description: Benchmark datasets, such as ImageNet, are instrumental
for innovation in artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML).
The infusion of AI, ML, and other advanced data science (DS) techniques is
expanding exponentially to contribute to solving Earth system and space
science problems. Thus, developing benchmark datasets, standards, and
frameworks for evaluation, use and publishing, and sharing lessons learned
in a coordinated manner is needed to ensure AI/ML/DS applications
continually increase our ability to predict complex physical processes with
high levels of trust and explainability.

We invite presentations exploring both use case specific and domain
agnostic benchmark standards and framework development, as well as domain
specific topics, such as climate and weather science, environmental
justice, fire weather, ocean conservation, hydrology, space weather, and
any other relevant topics.

Note that the abstract deadline is Wednesday, 2 August 2023 (2359 EDT).
Authors will be informed in September regarding the date and format (oral
or poster) of their presentation.

If you have questions about our session, please contact us via the email
addresses immediately below.

Sincerely,

Rob Redmon, NOAA Center for AI, rob.redmon at noaa.gov

Douglas Rao, NC State University, CISESS, NOAA (douglas.rao at noaa.gov)

Eric Kihn, NOAA NCEI, (eric.a.kihn at noaa.gov)

Stacie Koslovsky, NOAA NMFS, (stacie.koslovsky at noaa.gov)

----
Rob Redmon, PhD
NOAA Center for AI Director (noaa.gov/ai)
SWFO Science Center Lead
Pronouns: he, him, his
LCDP XI Graduate "Transformers"
Business hrs: M-F 7:00-16:00 (MT), every other Friday off.
Office (1B512): ‪‪+1 720-258-6796