CEDAR email: AMS Annual Meeting 2024, Call for abstracts: Connections between space weather and terrestrial weather

Shantanab Debchoudhury sdch10 at vt.edu
Wed Aug 23 22:08:44 MDT 2023

Dear CEDAR Community,

We would like to invite you to submit an abstract to the session “*Connections
between space weather and terrestrial weather*" at the 21st Space Weather
Conference of the *2024 Annual AMS* *(American Meteorological Society)
meeting*. The conference will take place from *28 January to 1 February
2024* in Baltimore, Maryland. Please note that the *abstract submission
deadline has been extended to August 31, 2023.*

We strongly encourage submissions from Space Weather studies based on
investigations of coupling processes in the atmosphere-ionosphere system,
in particular using datasets obtained by GOLD, ICON, TIMED and COSMIC-2, as
well as theory and first-principles models. Relevant topics include but are
not limited to planetary waves and tides, acoustic and gravity waves,
multi-layer observation and/or model-based studies of the different lower
atmospheric contributions to the dynamics and variability of the near-earth
space environment.

More information on abstract submission can be found on
https://annual.ametsoc.org/index.cfm/2024/program-events/conferences-and-symposia/21st-conference-on-space-weather/
.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. We look
forward to receiving your contributions!

Conveners
Shantanab Debchoudhury
Larisa Goncharenko
Guiping Liu