CEDAR email: Meeting Announcement: “Machine learning techniques for near Earth space science (GH)” at the upcoming URSI-NRSM 2024 conference

Harid, Vijay VIJAY.HARID at UCDENVER.EDU
Tue Aug 15 10:24:51 MDT 2023

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to invite the community to submit an abstract to the special session (GH) “Machine learning techniques for near Earth space science” at the upcoming URSI-NRSM conference, which will be held in Boulder, CO January 9-13, 2024.

This session seeks contributions from the following topics: ML techniques applied for space weather prediction, studies of the magnetosphere, radiation belts, ionosphere and upper atmosphere. We welcome contributions with applications to (but not limited to) event detection/extraction, noise reduction, classification, inverse problems, dimensionality reduction, feature engineering/extraction, reinforcement learning, physics-informed machine learning and ML learned partial differential equations. A combination between ML techniques and physics-based models is also especially welcome.

The deadline for abstract submissions is September 13, 2023. More information is available at https://www.nrsmboulder.org<https://www.nrsmboulder.org/>

We look forward to seeing you in Boulder!

Best Regards,

Session Co-Chairs: Vijay Harid and Xiangning Chu