CEDAR email: Supporting those impacted by war and violence

Susan M Nossal nossal at physics.wisc.edu
Fri Mar 4 14:36:36 MST 2022

The CEDAR DEI Taskforce acknowledges that many members of our community are currently being impacted by the conflict in Ukraine. We decry the invasion of Ukraine and add our voices to those in Ukraine, Russia, and the wider global community calling for a cease-fire, diplomacy, and an end to this unnecessary and cruel war.  Tragically, war, death and destruction are also occurring in numerous other locations across the world.  We call for peace and respect for human rights everywhere.  As scientists, we have experienced first-hand the importance of international harmony and collaboration.  Earth sciences rely on observations, modeling, and perspectives from colleagues throughout the world.  We believe showing support to our colleagues and members of the community who are deeply impacted by wars in Ukraine and elsewhere is important, and encourage members of the CEDAR community to offer support to those who need it during this time.

~Members of the CEDAR Diversity Equity and Inclusion Taskforce