CEDAR email: Invitation to CEDAR session on Tonga Eruption

Colin Triplett triplett at berkeley.edu
Mon Jun 13 09:52:23 MDT 2022

Dear Colleagues,

We invite you to participate in the session Dynamics of atmospheric regions as viewed through the recent Eruption at Tonga <https://cedarscience.org/workshop/2022-workshop-tonga-eruption> on 21st June 2022 at 13:30-15:30 CDT in Topaz 2.  We will have six 15 minute (12 minute presentation 3 minute discussion/questions) talk from members of recently or soon-to-be published works on the Tonga Eruption’s effects on CEDAR Science.  These talks will be given by Saurav Aryal (UC-LASP), Shun-Rong Zhang (MIT), Brian Harding (UCB-SSL), Corwin Wright (U Bath), Jia Yue (Hampton U), and Min-Yang Chou (CUA).

We would also like to direct your attention to another session before this one.  Upper Atmospheric Response to Geological and Atmospheric Hazards <https://cedarscience.org/workshop/2022-workshop-upper-atmospheric-response-natural-hazards> (21st 10:00-12:00) will also have some talks on the Tonga Eruption as well as a more general look at CEDAR Science and Hazards.

We look forward to seeing you at CEDAR!

Colin Triplett, Katelynn Greer, Joanne Wu, and Quan Gan