CEDAR email: Invitation to Submit to AGU Solar and Space Physics Summer School Session

Mark Moldwin mmoldwin at umich.edu
Fri Jul 15 13:40:08 MDT 2022

Invitation to Submit Abstract to AGU Solar and Space Physics Summer
School Session

We invite you to submit an abstract to the Fall 2022 AGU Session SA018.
Solar and Space Physics Summer Schools: Goals, Curriculum, and Impact in
the S&SP Community (jointly sponsored with SH/SM and ED). The 2013 Solar
and Space Physics Decadal Survey identified 10 regular summer schools in
the US and many others internationally devoted to graduate-level Solar
and Space Physics topics that are regularly held. Their scope spanned
from observational techniques of specific research facilities to focused
science topics of S&SP regions and processes. This session brings
together summer school organizers, lecturers, and the broader
heliophysics higher education community to learn about each other’s
programs’ goals, curriculum and purpose and begin the formation of S&SP
Summer School community to assess impact and share best practices. Our
goal is also to identify the role and impact of these summer schools
within the community.

More info about the 2022 Fall AGU Meeting
<https://www.agu.org/Fall-Meeting>, the session
<https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm22/prelim.cgi/Session/158878>and abstract
submissions <https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm22/prelim.cgi/Home/0>. If you
have questions, please email me at mmoldwin at umich.edu.

Conveners:...Mark Moldwin, Christina Cohen (CalTech) and Nick Gross (BU)

--
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Mark Moldwin
Arthur F. Thurnau Professor
Professor of Climate and Space Sciences and Engineering
Faculty Director M-STEM's M-Engin Program
Executive Director of NASA's Michigan Space Grant Consortium
Immediate Past-President, AGU Education Section
University of Michigan
Space Research Building, Room 1418
2455 Hayward St.
Ann Arbor MI, 48109-2143
(734) 647-3370 FAX: (734) 647-3083
http://space.engin.umich.edu
www.linkedin.com/in/mmoldwin
@ProfMoldwin

Why DE&I?
Diversity - Diverse groups produce better outcomes and is intrinsic to building a just society and undoing years of systemic racism.
Equity - Everybody deserves to be treated fairly
Inclusion - Inclusive environments expand opportunities for everyone

Self-expression and self-identification is one of my professional and personal values.
One way to practice these values is to share personal gender pronouns.
My name is Mark and I use he, him, his pronouns. What pronouns do you use?

Save a tree, please don't print this e-mail unless absolutely necessary.
"Hug a Tree and Work for Peace"    "Hug your baby for health!!!"     0-

Please do not send confidential, ITAR, or otherwise restricted data or files
to this email address. Please contact me to set up a secure file transfer as
needed.