CEDAR email: Graduate school opportunities at New Mexico Tech

Caitano da Silva caitano.dasilva at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 15:17:57 MDT 2021

Dear Colleagues,

The Department of Physics at New Mexico Tech (NMT) invites highly-motivated students to apply for our Masters and Doctoral programs. The Department has three main areas of concentration: Atmospheric Physics, Astrophysics, and Physics Instrumentation. Pertinent to this email list is the research done at the Langmuir Laboratory for Atmospheric Research. We encourage applicants interested in the following areas to submit an application:

* Lightning research instrumentation (lightning location and remote sensing);
* Lightning physics via experimental techniques (e.g., triggered lightning) and computational modeling;
* Lightning and thunderstorm effects in the near-Earth space environment;
* High-energy radiation emitted by lightning and thunderstorms;
* Laboratory plasma discharge experiments in support of lightning research;
* Lightning mapping array (LMA) applications in thunderstorm meteorology.

Please forward this message to students interested in pursuing a graduate degree in the U.S. with emphasis on Atmospheric and Space Electricity. The deadline for Fall/2022 admissions is January 15, 2022. NMT is hosting an info session next week to address student questions about the application process (see detailed info below). Also, if you would like to helps us spread the word, please consider hanging this poster in your hallway: https://bit.ly/3nDaczj

Best regards,
-Caitano da Silva

Assistant Professor of Physics
Dept. of Physics & Langmuir Lab
New Mexico Tech
801 Leroy Place, Workman 351
Socorro, NM 87801
Phone: (575) 835-5341
sites.google.com/nmt.edu/cdasilva

New Mexico Tech Graduate Studies Information Session

We are looking for highly motivated students to join our competitive graduate programs at New Mexico Tech (NMT). At NMT we have world-class research, unique facilities, committed faculty and endless opportunities. In addition, we offer a number of professional degrees that are offered via distance to boost your professional career. Join us at our virtual information session to learn more.