CEDAR email: Help lead the discussion of data science for geospace at AGU 2021

Ryan McGranaghan ryan.mcgranaghan at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 19:47:15 MDT 2021

*“Transforming Space Physics and Aeronomy through Data Science”*

*American Geophysical Union (AGU) Fall (virtual) Meeting, Dec 13-17, 2021. *

We would like to invite you to a novel American Geophysical Union (AGU)
Fall Meeting <https://www.agu.org/fall-meeting> session to imagine and
organize the state-of-the-practice and the state-of-the-art in Data Science
across space physics and aeronomy (SPA).

The goal is to convene the SPA community to display and discuss the
powerful possibilities for data science to progress our field. We hope that
you can help lead the discussion and shape the development of this new
paradigm in the space sciences.

Please consider submitting an abstract to the session, "Transforming Space
Physics and Aeronomy through Data Science."

A description of our vision for the session is here
<https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm21/prelim.cgi/Session/125433>. Below is a
list of types of submissions we are interested in.

Are you available and interested? The conference will be hybrid (virtual +
in New Orleans) and will take place 13-17 December 2021.

Looking forward to reading your abstracts!

Conveners

Ryan McGranaghan (NASA; ASTRA LLC)

Asti Bhatt (SRI International)

Dogacan Su Ozturk (University of Alaska, Fairbanks)

Bharat Kunduri (Virginia Tech)

We welcome abstracts from the full breadth of data science:

   -

   Collection: instrument/mission design pipelines, observational
   modalities, compression, autonomy
   -

   Management: data storage/metadata, information representation, knowledge
   graphs, FAIR principles/implementation
   -

   Analysis: statistical/machine learning applications, data assimilation,
   observing system simulation experiments
   -

   Communication: visualization, explainability, culture challenges